What is the physician’s authorization process, and how long does it take?
- Some insurance companies require us to contact your primary physician and verify that an authorization has been given to receive physical therapy.
- The authorization process could take between 48 hours to 14 business days, depending on your insurance company. We will contact you when we receive the authorization, and appreciate your patience and understanding, as this process is dependent on your insurance company.
How do I know my insurance company covers physical therapy?
- You are ultimately responsible for knowing and understanding your insurance policy including benefits, deductibles, co-payments, and authorization requirements before your first therapy evaluation. We encourage you to contact your health insurance company to find out your Physical Therapy benefits under your plan before your first appointment.
What about copayments?
- Copayments/Patient’s financial responsibility (deductible) are collected at the time of your visit(s).
What if I forget to bring my proof of insurance to my appointment?
- It is very important that you provide us with the most current insurance information. Failure to do so will result in your health insurance company’s denial of payment for services, which will leave you responsible for the payment. If you do not have proof of insurance at the time of your visit, you will be expected to pay for the visit at that time.
What if I don’t have insurance?
- No insurance, no problem! Please ask us about our Self-Pay plan.
What types of payment do you accept?
- We accept cash, most credit cards and personal checks. There is a $35.00 returned-check fee.